Wellington Lake is a private 167-acre trophy fishery lake. No fishing license is required; however, we offer catch and release fishing only and prohibit the use of live bait. Please read the following regulations regarding what is allowed.
As Wellington Lake is private property, no fishing license is required.
CATCH AND RELEASE
We offer catch and release fishing only. Please practice proper handling of the fish and release back to the water immediately. Any person who kills a fish or fails to promptly release a fish back to the lake will be charged a restocking fee of not less than $50.00 per fish.
- No live bait, including worms, is allowed. Use of dough bait such as Power Bait or Salmon Eggs is prohibited.
- Artificial bait, lure, and fly only are allowed. Acceptable lure, fly, or jig should be made of materials such as wood, plastic, silicone, rubber, epoxy, glass, hair, metal, feathers, or fiber. Scented and salted plastic and rubber baits are allowed.
- Use of lead sinkers (and other lead fishing materials) is strongly discouraged.
- Please consider using barbless hooks.
FISHING FROM WATERCRAFT
- Only hand-launched watercraft, including the use of electric trolling motors, are allowed.
- Life jackets/PFDs must be worn at all times while on the water.
- All watercraft activities are at the visitor’s own risk.