Wellington Lake is a private 167-acre trophy fishery lake stocked with Rainbow, Brown, Brook and Cutbow Trout. We offer year-round fishing, including ice fishing.
Fishing is catch and release only. Please practice proper handling of the fish and release the fish back to the water immediately. Any person who kills a fish or fails to promptly release a fish back into the lake will be charged a restocking fee of not less than $50 per fish.
We ask that you are actively casting and reeling while at the lake, as opposed to leaving your pole sitting in the water. By moving the hook through the water, you increase the likelihood of the fish being hooked in the mouth, gill or tail and reduce the chance of the fish swallowing the hook. When fish swallow hooks, they are less likely to survive the injury. We want the fish at Wellington Lake to remain healthy and continue growing into the trophy fish you love to reel in!
- No live or artificial bait, including worms
- No dough bait such as Power Bait or Salmon Eggs
- No lead sinkers or lead fishing materials
- No scented plastics
- Barbless hooks are preferred
- Artificial flies and lures are allowed and should be made of materials such as wood, plastic, silicone, rubber, epoxy, glass, hair, metal, feathers, or fiber.
- Only hand-launched craft are allowed
- Electric trolling motors are permitted
- Gas motors are not permitted
- Life jackets are required when on the lake
- There are no lifeguards at the lake; all watercraft activities are the visitor’s own risk
- No parking of vehicles on the beach
Please respect the lake and fish habitat by staying on trails, disposing of all trash in dumpsters (including fishing line), and not adding any contaminants to the lake.