Day users can enjoy access to the lake, beaches, and trails daily from 6:00am to 9:00pm.
When the Visitor Center is open, please stop in to pay your fees, sign a liability waiver, and find out more information about the lake facilities. When the Visitor Center is closed, you are still required to pay using the self-pay station. ALL visitors over 18 must sign an all minors must be listed on a liability waivers for entry. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.
Drinking water is not available at the lake; we ask that you bring in plenty of water to stay hydrated for your day at the lake. There are plenty of trees around the lake, but some Day Use areas offer limited shade. If consistent shade is important to you, we recommend bringing a portable shade structure with plenty of stakes.
Guests visiting the lake for the day are welcome to walk the beaches around the lake and explore the property, but are required to park in designated Day use parking and picnic in Day Use areas. Please take a look at the map below for reference.
DAY USE PRICING
|Adults (includes children over 13)
|Children 6-12 years old
|Children under 5
FUN DAY USE ACTIVITIES
- Catch and release fishing: Flies and lures only; no bait. No fishing license required. Please visit the Fishing page for more detailed information.
- Boating: We allow hand-launched vessels only. If the boat is too large to launch by hand, or creates a wake, it is not permitted. Electric trolling motors are permitted while gas motors are prohibited. Life jackets are required at all times while on the water.
- Kayaking and canoeing: Life jackets required. We do not rent kayaks or canoes at the lake.
- Stand-Up Paddle Boarding: Life jackets required.
- Hiking: Enjoy our .25 mile waterfall trail, .8 mile granite trail, or a longer loop around the lake.
- Bird and wildlife watching
- Picnicking: Gas grills and camp stoves are permitted. Portable charcoal grills may be used when we are not under a fire ban. To check the current fire ban status, please call the Fire Information Hotline at 303-271-8200.
- Swimming: There are no lifeguards at the lake.
- Dog Walking: Well-mannered, friendly dogs are allowed but must be kept on a leash or otherwise under your control at all times. Pets are not to be left barking or unattended.
SUMMER VISITOR CENTER HOURS
|Sunday through Thursday
|8:00am to 5:00pm
|Friday and Saturday
||8:00am to 8:00pm